Last Modified: January 1, 2020
As part of our candidate application and recruitment process, Canadian Solar Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively “CSI”) collect process and store personal information about you. We process this information for a range of purposes relating to the recruitment process and this may include your application, job related assessment, pre-employment screening, and your worker permissions. This document sets out:
- 1)Why we collect your personal information;
- 2)What information is collected;
- 3)How it is processed within the recruitment process;
- 4)How we protect your data;
- 5)What are your rights.
Throughout this Privacy Notice we use the term “processing” to cover all activities involving your personal information, including collecting, handling, storing, sharing, accessing, using, transferring and disposing of the information.
1)Why do we collect your personal information?
In order to manage your application, we need to process certain personal information about you. The purposes for this are set out below. We only process your information as necessary for the purposes of progressing your application or as required by law or regulatory requirements, so not all of the purposes set out below will apply to you all of the time.
- Application: CV, name, address, employment history, academic and professional qualifications,age, diversity (i.e. gender. ethnicity, disability), nationality;
- Assessment: CV, psychometric tests (such as a situational judgement test, ability or personalitytest), interview (face to face, telephone or video), behavioural assessments (such as a role play,group exercise or presentation), technical assessments;
- Pre-employment screening: background checks, if allowed by applicable laws, informationcollected from former employers etc.
2)What personal information might we process?
Here are some examples of the type of information we may process.
- Personal details such as name, address, date and place of birth;
- Work history/job data; previous employers, positions, dates, etc.
- Compensation; basic salary, benefits, bonuses, etc.;
- Education and work history including professional qualifications, certifications and skills
- Employer feedback / references to include regulated references where necessary;
- Nationality / visa / authorization to work permit information (e.g. passport, driving license,National Insurance numbers);
- Photographs and images from recorded assessments;
- Results of Pre-employment screening checks;
- Assessment results e.g. Psychometric assessment results, results from video or telephoneassessment;
- During the process, we may capture some sensitive personal data about you (e.g. disabilityinformation). We do this in order to make reasonable adjustments to enable our candidates toapply for jobs with us, and to ensure that we comply with regulatory obligations placed on us withregard to our hiring.
3) Who do we share your personal information with?
CSI will need to share your personal information internally (both in the country where you may work and in other countries in which we have central operations) and may require to share it with some external parties or associates with CSI, as further described below. Some of these third parties and associates may be located outside of your home country and also in countries that may not be deemed to provide the same level of protection as your home country (e.g. China, the United States, the European Economic Area). Your information will only be shared if it is necessary or required (for example in order to use the advice of the internal specialist in compensation and benefits). The recruitment process will involve:
- Assessing and progressing your application,
- Assessing your suitability (skills, strengths, behaviours for the role)
- Activities needed to complete the on-boarding and screening process should your application besuccessful.
To enable these processes your personal information may be shared internally, but the information shared is limited to what is required by each individual to perform their role in the recruitment process.
Your personal information may be shared internally, including with the following subjects:
- Those employees who will have managerial responsibility for the candidate;
- Employees in HR who have responsibility for certain HR processes (for example recruitment,assessment, pre-employment screening);
- Employees in Legal, Compliance, HR, with responsibility for investigating issues of non-compliancewith laws and regulations, policies and contractual requirements;
- Employees in IT and system owners who manage user access;
- Audit and Investigations employees in relation to specific audits/investigations; and
- Security managers for facilities / premises.
CSI may also need to share your information with certain external third parties used to support our business and process your application and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep your information confidential and to use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, including:
- Companies who provide candidate interview and assessment services to CSI (e.g. recruiting firms);
- Suppliers who undertake background screening on behalf of CSI;
- Academic institutions (Universities, colleges, etc.) in validating information you’ve provided;
- Other third-party suppliers (or potential suppliers), who provide services on our behalf.
In addition, we may also disclose your information: (a) to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of CSI’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which your information held by CSI about our employees and potential employees are among the assets transferred; (b) to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request; and (c) If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of CSI, our customers, or others.
4) How do we protect your data?
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction, or damage.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our websites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
5) What are your rights?
You are entitled to see the information CSI holds about you. You can also request changes to be made to incorrect information. You can ask for information to be deleted or blocked if you legitimately think that CSI shouldn’t be processing that information or is processing it incorrectly.
It is your responsibility to keep your personal information up to date so that accurate application records can be maintained.
6) Changes to this Policy
7) Questions about this privacy notice
If you have any queries about this notice or your personal information generally, including questions about accessing your personal information or correcting it, you should contact HR department in the first instance.
Alternatively, please write to:
- Canadian Solar Inc.
- Attn. Compliance/Legal Depts.
- 1350 Treat Blvd Suite 500, Walnut Creek, CA, 94597
- Email: email@example.com