Canadian Solar (Australia) P/L was established in Sydney in 2011 and is part of the global footprint of Canadian Solar Inc. (CSI). We are your preferred partner in Australia.
Bankable | Reliable | Your Long Term Partner
Australia-wide distributors and four local warehouses
Strong financial stability and top 3 position (2013)
Award-winning projects and strong local sales and project team
Commitment to provide exceptional service
Outstanding performance confirmed at DKA-SC in Alice Springs:
3% higher than other Tier 1 manufacturers
We offer PV panels, support in EPC and can consider ownership participation in larger-scale PV applications. Our staffs were responsible for over 200MW PV capacity developed in Australia and we have an excellent understanding of the requirements and challenges of the development and deployment of commercial and medium to larger-scale ground-based PV power plants.
Canadian Solar is a Canadian Company with Global Reach
Canadian Solar Inc. is one of the leading solar manufacturers in the world, delivering high quality solar cells, solar modules, solar power systems and off grid solar power application solutions. With manufacturing facilities in Canada and China, Canadian Solar has a total module production capacity of 3.0 GW. In the past 13 years, Canadian Solar has been working closely with over 1000 customers in over 90 countries, delivering over 7 GW of solar modules. Some of these modules are installed in utility scale power plant that won 2012 Solar Project of the Year award; some are used by tens and thousands of families in their off grid small solar home systems for daily lighting. From far and wide, Canadian Solar stands for QUALITY, RELIABILITY and VALUE.
Corporate | History
● 2001. The founding of Canadian Solar in Toronto, Canada by Dr. Shawn Qu, President and CEO of Canadian Solar
● 2002. Qualified by Audi Volkswagon as a class A supplier, first shipment of solar car battery chargers to Volkswagon in Mexico
● 2003. Commissioned a Canadian government funded first micro-grid solar power system in Inner Mogolia, China; The first and the only solar manufacturer certified according to automotive industry’s quality management system standard of ISO/TS 16949:2002 and ISO9001:2000
● 2004. Commissioned module production for residential and commercial solar systems for German customers
● 2005. Commissioned first Solar PV system of 10kw in Changshu, Jiangsu Province, one of the pioneers in the solar industry to get module certified according to IEC61215 and TUV Safety II
● 2006. Became the first solar company in Canada get listed on NASDAQ Stock Exchange in USA (CSIQ)
● 2007. Commissioned mono crystalline and multicrystalline silicon cell production in China
● 2008. Formed Canadian Solar German GMBH
● 2009. Established Canadian Solar Japan & Canadian Solar USA; commissioned CSI PV Reliability Testing Laboratory according to IEC61215, IEC61730 and UL1703 standards
● 2010. Commissioned North America’s largest silicon solar module manufacturing facility in Guelph, Ontario ; Received Green Biz Award from San Francisco Business Times, June 2010
● 2011.Commercial introduction of ELPS modules, a proprietary MWT technology & Commissioned CSI PV cell Research Centre
● 2012. Martin’s Creek School Solar Installation Awarded North America’s Project of the Year 2012 by Intersolar; Ranked Among Fastest Growing Companies in North America by Deloitte's 2012 Technology Fast 500(TM), November 2012
● 2013. Canadian Solar Manufacturing Ontario Inc. Received OHSAS 18001: 2007 and ISO 14001: 2004 Certifications for its North American Facility.